[Samba] Re: Samba freezing network

Stefan G. Weichinger monitor at oops.co.at
Wed Dec 17 18:06:33 GMT 2003

Hello, David.Grudek at anixter.com,

Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2003, 16:58 you wrote:

DGac> My server is a pdc on debian linux and is running with a windows 2000
DGac> member server that is hosting software for a flower shop. The windows
DGac> servers and all the workstations are freezing about twice an hour and stay
DGac> froze for about 2-5 minutes.  They do not lock up at the same time but
DGac> usually after the windows server locks they lock because they are trying
DGac> to gather data from this flower software.  If I remove the network cable
DGac> from the debian pdc it does not lock up any more.  The windows server and
DGac> workstations have been there for at least a year and the debian box was
DGac> just introduced then they started having the problems.  I replaced the
DGac> network card after letting the two servers ping back and forth and there
DGac> were errors, after I replaced the network card in the debian machine there
DGac> were no more errors but the windows box still locks up.

smb.conf?
browsing setup?
ip-conflicts?

--