[Samba] Folder Redirection with NT4 Domains

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Dec 16 00:18:26 GMT 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003, Kristyan Osborne wrote:

> Hi John,
>  I'll try and get some documentation written on how to use regedit32 to
> modify the default user profile. This is basically changing the default
> registry every user gets the first time they logon to the network. I'll
> put a bit of background info on the network and how we use shares for
> storing stuff. Another neat trick (which I will also document) is how we
> have changed the default saving/opening location for programs such as
> Word and Excel etc. this has been extremly helpful.
>
> I'll get back to you soon.

You are a gem!

I'd like to save you from wasting your time though, so please check out
the PDF of the book I am currently working on. I must ask you to keep this
confidential as it is being written under contract to Prentice Hall
publishing. Chapter 6 is the magic place in which this stuff is being
documented. I very much appreciate your input and feedback.

My motivation in documenting this is to help make Samba a more deployable
product and to help get users over the installation hurdles.

The URL is:

	http://samba.org/~jht/DeBook

Look for the latest version of Samba-Guide-200312xx.pdf.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
John T.

--