[Samba] Problems connecting to Samba using windows XP

Phil Asprey P.Asprey at ucas.ac.uk
Mon Dec 15 15:13:41 GMT 2003

Hi,

We are having difficulty connecting to a samba server using windows XP pro.
Plain text is enabled and we can search for the server on the network, but
as soon as we map a drive to it, it asks for a username and password. We
enter this and then it asks for a password relating to a guest account.

Can anyone help me with why it defaults to the guest account?

Regards

Phil

This message is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient please
notify us immediately. You may not copy this message or use it for any
purpose or disclose its contents to any other person or take any action
based on them.

E-Mails are susceptible to interference. UCAS accepts no responsibility for
information, errors or omissions in this e-mail nor for its use or misuse
nor for any act committed or omitted in connection with this communication.
If in doubt, please verify the authenticity of the contents with the sender.

UCAS reserves the right to monitor and intercept communications for lawful
business purposes