[Samba] Problem with admin users

McKeever Chris tech-mail at prupref.com
Mon Dec 15 14:15:03 GMT 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:09 , Luiz Fernando Aguiar Leme <billy at tol.net.br> sent:

>Hi all,
>
>on my smb.conf, contents the following lines:
>
>admin users = root claudio roberto
>security = server
>
>when this users save  or write files on shared folders, they saves with
>root:wheels.
>
>How do i force this users to save your own user:group and not root:wheels???
>
>On the shared folders contents the following lines, for example:
>
>[publico]
>   comment = Diretorio publico
>   path = /usuarios/publico
>   public = yes
>   writable = yes
>   security mask = 770
>   create mask = 0770
>   force create mode = 770
>   force directory mode = 770
>   force security mode = 770
>   printable = no
>
>thanks!

not 100% your answer, but for shared folders, you can force the user and group that it is written as, in this case, force it to administrator and
domain admins ...

does the above scenario only happen with the admin-level users?  so standard users save with thier username and default group?

Chris McKeever
If you want to reply directly to me, please use cgmckeever--at--prupref---dot---com
http://www.prupref.com

---- Prudential Preferred Properties   www.prupref.com