[Samba] tdbsam to ldapsam

Charles Hamel hamelc at videotron.ca
Mon Dec 8 04:48:20 GMT 2003

1) Good
2) No users here, this is just the secret that samba needs to know in
order to complete its tasks, it already has the DN in smb.conf
3) You can use pdbedit as mentionned in this HOWTO :
http://www.5of5.com/howto/howto-nt42samba3ldapmigration.html
OR you can use the smbldaptools package from www.idealx.org, they
included a script named smbldap-migrateusers.pl and
smbldap-migrategroups.pl which does exactly what you want to do ;)
4) Check the DN of the root user or the manager as you entered it in
slapd.conf, check if it's the same in smb.conf in the ldap admin dn
parameter.
5) I have the same question, can anybody complete ?

Have fun

Charles Hamel