[Samba] Machine Accounts

Roberto Mason roberto at rmasonfamily.info
Sun Dec 7 04:50:51 GMT 2003

I'm not using smbpasswd  -a... , but trying through xp to add the machine
to the domain. When in Computer Name Changes window I specify the domain
<MEPHISTOPHELES>, and then I'm prompted for the administrator
username/password <MEPHISTOPHELES\root and <passwd>> I get the unkown
username/password message.

> are you saying you can't do smbpasswd -a -m user or that you can't add
windows 2000/xp to a domain?

> Roberto Mason wrote:
>
>>I'm running Linux from my home. I've been running Samba 2.27a for a
while now. I've just recently upgraded my system to Fedora Core 1. With
that, sAmba has been upgraded to 3.0015.

>>I've included my smb.conf file. I can't seem to create a machine
account. I get unknown user or password. I do have a user root in
smbpasswd.