[Samba] 3.0.0 upgrade print problem

Mike Durling durling at cox.net
Sat Dec 6 03:28:38 GMT 2003

I recently upgraded from Samba 2.2.5 to 3.0.0.  I have been experiencing
two odd problems.  First I can no longer print to a printer attached to
a Win-98 machine.  I can connect to shares on that machine and it can
connect to shares on the Samba machine.

Second, and this may be a clue, when I view the Samba machine on the
Win-98 network neighborhood it shows the machine's comment as 'Samba
2.2.5'.

Samba is running on Suse linux 8.0.  I had previously upgraded to 2.2.5
Samba and did the upgrade to 3.0.0 from source with the exec_prefix=/usr
option on make install.  I have checked the samba files in /usr/bin and
/usr/local/samba/bin and they are all the correct version.  Testparm
also shows the correct 3.0.0 version.

Thanks for any help.

Mike D