[Samba] PDC Problem

Daniel A.Guimenez dmf at internet.com.uy
Wed Dec 3 17:25:06 GMT 2003

Dear Nathan

I can see inside your smb.conf file, you does't have a

security = domain

and others helpfull configuration.

Following to these lines, I copied my smb.conf file , I hope this will be
helpfull for you.

# This is the main Samba configuration file. You should read the
# smb.conf(5) manual page in order to understand the options listed
# here. Samba has a huge number of configurable options (perhaps too
# many!) most of which are not shown in this example
#
# Any line which starts with a ; (semi-colon) or a # (hash)
# is a comment and is ignored. In this example we will use a #
# for commentry and a ; for parts of the config file that you
# may wish to enable
#
# NOTE: Whenever you modify this file you should run the command "testparm"
# to check that you have not made any basic syntactic errors.
#
#======================= Global Settings =====================================
[global]

    workgroup = NSA
    netbios name = NSA
    name resolve order = wins host bcast lmhosts
    server string = Samba PDC Server

#security issue, only the host on the sub-net will can logon
    hosts allow = 10.0.32. 127.

# if you want to automatically load your printer list rather
# than setting them up individually then you'll need this
    printcap name = /etc/printcap
    load printers = yes
    print command = /usr/bin/lpr -r -P%p %s
    lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p %s
    lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
    queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p stop
    queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p start

# It should not be necessary to spell out the print system type unless
# yours is non-standard. Currently supported print systems include:
# bsd, sysv, plp, lprng, aix, hpux, qnx, cups
    printing = bsd

# this tells Samba to use a separate log file for each machine
# that connects
    log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log

# Put a capping on the size of the log files (in Kb).
    max log size = 50

# Security mode.
    security = domain

   password level = 8
   username level = 8
    encrypt passwords = yes
    smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
    unix password sync = Yes
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *New*password* %n\n *Retype*new*password* %n\n
    pam password change = yes
    include = /etc/samba/smb.conf.%m
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   remote announce = 10.0.32.5 10.0.32.255
    local master = yes
    os level = 33
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    domain logons = yes
     logon script = test.cmd
   logon path = \\nsa\%U
    wins support = yes
    dns proxy = no

#============================ Share Definitions ==============================
[homes]
    comment = Home Directories
    read only = no
    browseable = no
    writable = yes
    valid users = %S
    create mode = 664
    directory mode = 775
   map to guest = bad user

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon directory for Domain Logons
  [netlogon]
    comment = Network Logon Service
    path = /usr/local/samba/lib/netlogon
    guest ok = no