No subject

Mon Dec 1 11:34:25 GMT 2003

When I print a test page from the windows driver properties, it is formated
in US letter and hang the printer (but in the driver default document
properties A4 is selected !);  strange, when I print a notepad or word doc
for exemple it is correctly formated in A4 and prints fine. Stranger, if I
the printer name (in /ect/printcap and the service name in smb.conf) is
"lp", like the usual default unix local printer name, all is correct (the
test page from the print test page command is in A4). If I recreate the
same printer (same driver) with another name the "print test page bug"
arise again.

As I am afraid to have clients using applincations builded on the same
process as the "print test page" function, I can't deploy the solution (if
letter is send to the A4 printer user need to manually push the paper).

If you need I can do other tests.

Greeting,

Alexandre Kanounnikoff

Config: