[Samba] Citrix, Samba, and profiles

John P. Campbell jcampbell at max-t.com
Mon Aug 4 19:52:22 GMT 2003

Hi,

We currently have Citrix Metaframe 1.8 running in an AD domain and are
preparing to migrate to a Samba 2.2.8 PDC. The biggest issue for us is
ensuring the Citrix server is properly integrated, and this remains a
stumbling block after observing some strange behaviour when users login
to the Citrix server when it is joined to the Samba domain.

Simply put, user "tom" logs in successfully to the domain, but rather
than get his profile, he gets user "dick"'s profile. In fact, all users
logging in to the citrix server get dick's profile, with the added twist
being user harry's yahoo messenger runs within dick's profile, which of
course it shouldn't and never did.

I've checked the "All Users" profile and "Default User" profile and they
don't seem to be the problem. I've also renamed dick's profile to
dick.bak and oddly enough, the symptoms persist.

Has anyone observed this behaviour when using Citrix on Windows 2000 in
a Samba controlled domain? Any ideas?

Thanks,

--
John P. Campbell <jcampbell at max-t.com>