[Samba] Allowing laptop users to have off-line copies of their Samba home directories.

JEFFREY GORTNEY jgortney at kent.edu
Wed Apr 30 19:25:20 GMT 2003

We have implemented a Samba server at our college campus, currently only
the students log on using Samba.  This summer we will be moving all faculty
and staff over to this server.  My question is, how do we allow those
faculty with laptops to cache their Samba Home directory on their laptop
when they take the laptop with them?  Then how do we synchronize the
off-line version of those files with the network version when they return
to their offices?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you
in advance for your help.

Jeff Gortney
Computer Lab Technician
Tuscarawas Campus