[Samba] Re: Why would I want Active Directory (rather, how to argue against it?)

David Chait davidc at bonair.stanford.edu
Mon Apr 28 20:20:09 GMT 2003

Most if not all of the MS products being produced for market have AD tie
ins, but Samba was never intended to replace a MS DC on that level in a
major enterprise. It is available to provide basic connectivty between SMB
and Unix platforms. It does a great job of replacing an NT 4 PDC with the
caviat that you cannot set up replication, however it does not really
replace the functionality of a W2K machine blow for blow.