[Samba] Missing File

paul.r.schenk at accenture.com paul.r.schenk at accenture.com
Fri Apr 25 16:10:24 GMT 2003

Hi Kevin,

I'm guessing you're trying to compile on Linux. If not, then the rest is
irrelevant.

Often (almost always) libc.so.6 is a symbolic link to another file (e.g.
libc-2.2.4.so).
Could it be that the target file is not there? Or perhaps the permissions
are such that the user doing the compile cannot read the file.
Perhaps your libc.so.6 file is not in a place that ld.so can find it (it is
almost always in /lib).
Try running ldconfig -v and see what comes up in the list.

That you said 'sometimes' is very odd. Could it really be 'for some users'?
If so, then it's permissions. Although I wouldn't expect a
system with no libc.so.6 to be very functional. Unless it is a system still
using libc.so.5, of course.

All the best,
Paul

|---------+--------------------------------------------------------->
|         |   "Kevin Smith" <ksmith at perfht.com>                     |
|         |   Sent by:                                              |
|         |   samba-bounces+paul.r.schenk=accenture.com at lists.samba.|
|         |   org                                                   |
|         |                                                         |
|         |                                                         |
|         |   25/04/2003 10:18 AM                                   |
|         |                                                         |
  |        To:      "Samba" <samba at lists.samba.org>                                           |
  |        cc:                                                                                |
  |        Subject: [Samba] Missing File                                                      |

Sometimes an install errors out looking for a file called libc.so.6. I did
locate and the file IS there, it just doesn't see it. I don't want to have

original.  Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.