[Samba] Re: Samba Authentication

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Apr 24 16:19:58 GMT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Board, Clint wrote:

> I have had the same issue for several days now, i have followed every
> instruction that i find, however i always get the same results. I did get
> winbind to query the PDC at one point by change the password server setting
> from actual machine names to *. This worked right up to the point that the
> samba server was stopped and restarted.
>
> Seems to me this is an issue with PDC resolution.

Clint,

If the HOWTO I pointed to does not solve your problem please let me know.
I need reviewers of ths documentation so that when samba-3 ships we do not
have the litany of issues with winbind we are seeing on this list right
now.

It is way too demanding time wise for anyone to answer each
request/problem in detail on this list. At the end of the day if the
documentation we provide is not sufficient then life gets to be very
demanding for those of us trying to help people. Who knows, with the pay
rates for those who respond on this list they may even quit! :)

So all I am asking is, plesae review the HOWTO I pointed at and let me
know if it is not adequate.

The URL is:
	 http://samba.org/~jht/NT4migration/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf

Thanks.