[Samba] Cross Subnet Browsing.

Scott Swaim scott at qualitycorps.com
Wed Apr 23 21:56:20 GMT 2003

I will be more than happy to share my experience.  I believe I have found a
solution to my problem.  I am able to connect to the machines inside the
domain if I supply a IP address for it.  I "thought" that this was what the
wins server was supposed to do.  If I put the ip/machine name in a lmhost
file I am able to connect to the shares.
I only have 1 wins server with all of the machine in all of the domains
pointing to it.

Sorry to ramble.

as there are around 50 machines in this configureation I do not want to
create a lmhost file and put it on all of the machines.  I guess the only
other solution is to go with DNS.   I gues I was just under the impression
that the wins server was suppose to handle the name to ip resolution.