[Samba] NT4 ntuser.dat problem samba-2.2.8

Chris Marshall chris at soi.city.ac.uk
Wed Apr 23 13:58:12 GMT 2003

I've been trying to upgrade to samba-2.2.8a from 2.2.5.

My problem is that, after the upgrade, when a user logs out of an NT4
worksation, thier local ntuser.dat file doesn't get written to their
roaming profile, in fact the copy in the roaming profile gets deleted.
This means that when the user logs in again they get a 'clean' profile and
all their settings are lost. (Happens on solaris and linux).

The relevant bits smb.conf:-

[global]
   ..
   security = domain
   password server = arcturus polaris
   encrypt passwords = yes
   local master = no
   domain master = no
   domain logons = no
   ..

[Profile]
    path = /var/profiles/%u/%a
    profile acls = yes
    csc policy = disable
    read only = no
    create mode = 0750
    guest ok = no
    browseable = yes
    comment = Your Win Profile

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Chris Marshall (Technical Support)         mail: chris at soi.city.ac.uk
City University, School of Informatics.     tel: +44 20 7040 8550