[Samba] version scanner?

Coreix Systems - Unix - Linux Development & Internetworking Engineers lists at coreixsystems.com.au
Thu Apr 17 15:05:16 GMT 2003

Iam not sure what you mean by "version scanner" however if you
add the following line to you smb.conf file it will print the version number of
samba
in the "name" field of Network Neighbourhood, so you would see:

'My RedHat Samba Server "version_number"'

server string = Samba %v

"samba" = the name of you server eg: My RedHat Samba Server
"%v" = Announce the version of smbd installed on the machine and append it to
the end of the machine name.

Regards,

Craig R. Marshall
B.E (Hons), M.Eng.Sc., CCNA
Senior Software, IP Telecommunications
& Terrestrial Systems Engineer.
Coreix Systems Australia
mailto:craigrm at coreixsystems.com.au
http://www.coreixsystems.com

==================
Disclaimer: No guarantee is made that this email is free of computer viruses or
other defects.
We suggest that any attachments be scanned using appropriate virus detection
software before use.
We will accept no liability for any loss or damage, which may result directly or
indirectly from
opening or using any such attachment. This e-mail is confidential. If you
received this in error,
please notify the author by replying to this e-mail or advise us by telephone on
(+618) 9490 6698.

Privacy Policy: Coreix Systems is committed to protecting your privacy. If at
any time you choose
not to receive information from us, or you wish to amend your personal
information, please notify
Coreix Systems directly on (+618) 9490 6698, email
mailto:privacy at coreixsystems.com.au or by post
to: Coreix Systems : PO Box 252, Maddington, Perth - Western Australia,
AUSTRALIA 6989. Thank you.