[Samba] Again problem of Samba Corrupting Excel 97 files

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Apr 17 14:05:13 GMT 2003

Jean-Paul,

Please send me full details of how to reproduce this problem. I responded
to you late last year and did follow up with the rest of the Samba-Team
but none of us have been able to reproduce the problem.

What is your samba version? What is your OS platform? Have you spoken with
your OS platform provider about this problem?

Copying every samba-team member will not help you one bit. We need to know
how to reproduce this problem. If we can not reproduce the problem then we
have no way to identify the cause and then no way to fix it.

Please understand that we do believe that you have proof of a problem, but
how can we find the cause if we can not catch the problem as it happens?
Samba is now over 300,000 lines of code, it will not help to guess which
lines of code are the cause.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra