WG: [Samba] Samba 2.2.7a and XP pro

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Mon Apr 14 14:56:24 GMT 2003

Have you checked that the IP Security Policies have not been enabled in
Control Panel/Local Security Policy?  These can be set to only allow
encrypted sessions - just makes sure that are all set to off etc.

Another thing XP does is enable its firewall on network interfaces if it has
been exposed to the internet - it pops up a wizard and the user might have
just clicked it through to get rid of it.  Look for a small padlock on the
network connection icon.

HTH