[Samba] Windows XP Support

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Mon Apr 14 12:48:33 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 00:33, Jamal wrote:
> I already have the same filesystem shared to a Windows ME machine with
> the samba smdb and nmdb processes running ( configured using swat ).
> Does this mean that I have to wait for kernel support for the XP
> version of NTFS?
>
> Here is the picture
>
> Linux/UNIX filesystem     -> shared using samba         -> accessing
> it currently from a Windows ME machine
>
> I also want to share ( access ), the same filesystem from a Windows XP
> machine
it's already set up  then
just browse to it from the xp machine or type in the linux machine's
name

the filesystem does not matter when your accessing a shared files over a
network.

you may need to apply a registry fix to your xp macine to access the
server - google for signorseal (you may not need it)

just log in with the same username and password that you use from the ME
machine

best wishes

brad
--