[Samba] Problem with a samba print server

Peter Carpenter peterc at osm.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 10:33:49 GMT 2003

Guy,
Isn't this just an authentication problem? If you want to have user 'guy' as
the "printer admin" at the Unix end you'll have to have an Administrators
Group user called 'guy' in the Windows domain or use the "username map"
facility to map an existing domain administrator to 'guy' or 'root'. Since
you're using "security=domain" a _local_ Adminstrator account probably won't
be recognised by your password server and will end up as 'nobody' at the
Unix end.
PCC