[Samba] SAMBA and Microsoft Access

Jim Wharton creole3 at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 12 21:35:00 GMT 2003

In the case of Access2000 and 2002, you will probably see problems with more
than one user accessing a database. I turn off all file locking on all
shares containing Access databases. Everytime you open an mdb file, take a
look at the temprorary ldb file that pops up in the same directory. This is
trying to lock out all other users. I have chased this issue round and round
and this is the only solution I can come up with.

On another note you may want to dump your tables into postgresql and use
linked tables in your access database/application. This is one way around
the problem. Access was never meant to be a shared database management
system.

Jim