[Samba] Samba logins and MMC

Darin Bawden dbawden at teamdme.com
Tue Apr 8 21:20:44 GMT 2003

Good afternoon everyone,
I have a question regarding a Samba PDC and passwords.  Through reading the
manuals, I see there's a way to import system policies into Windows 2000
clients.  However, after looking into that, that doesn't seem to be what I
am looking for.  so, here goes the question....Using MMC on a Windows 2000
client I can export the security settings to an INF file.  If I copy that
file into the [netlogon] share, will the clients import them and merge them
with the existing policies?  If not, is there a way to do this?

thanks  :)

Darin Bawden
Technical Support / Network Administrator
Spectrum Software, Inc

---