[Samba] smb_open & smb_readpage_sync error -13

Paul Muad`dib uzul_2000 at gmx.net
Fri Apr 4 09:55:51 GMT 2003

Dear All,

I am working on a RH8.0 and currently updated to 2.2.8-1. And since then I
get entries like the following ones which are blowing up my logs :

smb_open: //<filename> open failed, result=-13
smb_readpage_sync: //<filename> open failed, error=-13

I  changed nothing else then the samba package ... and I also tried to find
out about that error but I couldn't find any help...

Any suggestions what could be wrong ? How to solve it ?

Thnx in advance,

Paul