[Samba] file locking problem

Mark Le Noury markl at bbd.co.za
Fri Apr 4 08:10:04 GMT 2003

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem today with samba 2.2.7.
Samba is reporting that one of our users has locked a file. I have asked him
to reboot his machine and stopped and restarted the smb daemon. The file
remains locked. I have also tried to kill the pid of the samba process
associated with the locked file - this does not help at all.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions - maybe I just need to delete
the locking.tdb file, would that help??

thanks,

Mark Le Noury
Barone, Budge & Dominick
Tel. (+2711)532 8415
Cell. +27825624412
E-mail: markl at bbd.co.za

This e-mail is confidential and subject to the disclaimer
published on the website http://www.bbd.co.za/emaildisclaimer.htm.