[Samba] Re: Samba 3.0 won't join Samba-TNG domain

Uli Luckas luckas at musoft.de
Thu Apr 3 12:45:26 GMT 2003

Am Mit, 2003-04-02 um 18.36 schrieb Elrond:
> On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 03:38:23PM +0200, Uli Luckas wrote:
> I have sent you some patch for TNG to make it fool them.
>
> Let's see. ;-)
>

>     Elrond
Hi Elrond,
thaks for the quick response and the patch. It was the first of three
steps in the right direction.
Samba 3.0 and TNG disagree at least in two more places about the name of
pipes.
After I 'fixed' lsarpc, samr and netlogon, to identify as 'lsass', 3.0
joind flawlessly to the domain.

Am Don, 2003-04-03 um 01.23 schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> As it joins a 3.0 and HEAD, NT4, Wink2k and Win2k3 domain correctly,
> this really could be classed as a TNG bug

Andrews argument convinced me, that 3.0's idea of pipe names is also
Microsoft's way. Is there any chance to get the pipe names synchronized
to Micro$oft and samba 3.0/Head in TNG's CVS?

Thanks a lot

Uli