[Samba] Login denied after joinined Samba PDC - Fixed?

Eric Halverson ehalverson at dchs.us
Tue Apr 1 23:46:19 GMT 2003

Okay, not sure why this seems to be the cause of the problem, but, for
the record, whenever I have the following lines under my [global]
section in smb.conf, I am unable to log into the domain with the afore
mentioned error.  As soon as I comment out these two lines and restart
samba everything seems to work just fine (so far...)

valid users = root @ntadm
write list = root @ntadm

I'm not sure if then this is a bug, or just something that should be
avoided.  Experienced this problem with 2.2.7 and 2.2.8 redhat rpms from
samba.org