[Samba] W9x print driver download problems with Samba 2.2.3a and CUPS

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Sep 30 13:19:08 GMT 2002

David Morel wrote:

> Le lun 30/09/2002 à 12:53, Kurt Pfeifle a écrit :
>
>>Glasgall wrote on samba-digest:
>>

>>>Message: 3
>>>Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:09:19 -0400
>>>From: Adam Glasgall <teferi at wmute.net>
>>>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>>>Subject: [Samba] W9x print driver download problems with Samba 2.2.3a and CUPS
>>>

>>>--JgQwtEuHJzHdouWu
>>>
>>>I've set up Samba and CUPS on our testing server here, and used
>>>smbcupsadd to upload the Adobe PS drivers to the server as directed in
>>>the HOWTO (The CUPS and Samba HOWTOs differ on this point, by the way -
>>>the latter claims that PSMON.DLL is needed in addition to the eight
>>>other files.
>>>

> would it be related to :
>
> http://bugs.samba.org/cgi-bin/samba-bugs/incoming?id=25090
>
> by any chance ?

I guess so.

You mean the *wrong* command

rpcclient localhost -N -U'root%pass' -c 'adddriver "Windows 4.0"
                        "printer_name:ADOBEPS4.DRV:printer_name.PPD:
                        NULL:ADOBEPS4.HLP:PSMON.DLL:RAW:
                        ADFONTS.MFM,DEFPRTR2.PPD,ICONLIB.DLL"

is sent for you instead of the *right* one

rpcclient localhost -N -U'root%pass' -c 'adddriver "Windows 4.0"
                        "printer_name:ADOBEPS4.DRV:printer_name.PPD:
                        NULL:ADOBEPS4.HLP:PSMON.DLL:RAW:
                        ADOBEPS4.DRV:
                        ADFONTS.MFM,DEFPRTR2.PPD,ICONLIB.DLL"

But this looks not like a Samba bug; it is rather "cupsaddsmb"
duing the wrong thing. "cupsaddsmb" is basing itself on "rpcclient"
and the sole responsible source for issuing the parameters which are
handed to "rpcclient".

Anyway, I am *not* seeing this with my last few versions of cupsaddsmb.
Likely, this is fixed *long* ago.

Which version of CUPS are you using (and which platform?) if you see
this?