[Samba] samba cups install

PJourdan info at lespetitsplaisirs.com
Fri Sep 27 15:43:00 GMT 2002

Gentlemen,
First, I want to thank all those who helped me figure out my problem.
Installation is FreeBSD 4.6.2;
A standard installation of cups, followed by an immediate upgrade refused
to install properly. A direct install of the latest version from the ports
collection (on 3rd clean install of OS) did finally work correctly. I
suspect there is a problem in the upgrade mechanism since a straight
install worked perfectly.
The samba end refused to show the printers and that turned out to be a
timing problem. It looks like the problem was that both cups & samba were
starting up in
parallel so that cups did not have time to initialize before samba was up
and running. I just added "sleep 5" to the samba.sh startup script and
everything is ok now.
Hope this helps someone.
Phil