[Samba] What is in your PATH definition when running the samba configure?

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Thu Sep 26 13:08:00 GMT 2002

I can't seem to get anyone to respond to this so I'm asking again ...

It seems that the rest of the world is able to get past the configure step
in samba 2.2.5,  but I get an error (I didn't have this problem when I
compiled samba 2.2.2 or 2.2.3a,  so it leaves me rather stumped).

./configure --prefix=/usr/samba --with-winbind --with-automount

 gives me the following error on both solaris and irix:

 checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h ... no
 checking for test routines ... configure: error: can't find test code.
 Aborting config

For those of you who have successfully run samba 2.2.5's configure on
solaris and/or irix, what does your PATH definition look like,  and are you
running the configure as root or as a regular user?

Thanks,

	Karen Wieprecht