[Samba] SetPrinter call failed!

adam at morrison-ind.com adam at morrison-ind.com
Wed Sep 25 23:58:01 GMT 2002

I'be updated my Samba, rebuilding it with the printer patches from the samba ftp
site.  But now, while I can upload drivers, I can't assign a driver to a
printer.  Either with rpcclient or the Winy2k printer properties dialog.  THe
Winy2k gives an unable to save changes message.

rpcclient $> enumdrivers
[Windows NT x86]
Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [Lexmark Optra R plus]
Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [Lexmark Optra S 1625]
Printer Driver Info 1:
        Driver Name: [Lexmark Optra R]
rpcclient $> setdriver "actps" "Lexmark Optra R plus"
SetPrinter call failed!
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

I've checked the permission on the tdb files and the printers subdirectory.