[Samba] Read failure for 4. Error = connection reset by peer.

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Mon Sep 23 23:18:01 GMT 2002

I'll offer this without asking what your setup is.

In the Global section, add:
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
kernel oplocks = no

Then killall -HUP smbd
Then killall -HUP nmbd
to force Samba to reread the config file.

If you already did this then others will have to help.  This fixed that problem
every time I ran into it.

--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing