[Samba] Win2k problems ..

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Sat Sep 21 12:52:01 GMT 2002

Seby wrote:

> 	I joined a win2k machine to a samba 2.2.5 domain .. but when i try
> to log on with a user i get this error:

Have you created a machine account for the machine?

Have you set up samba to automatically create the machine
account? If this is so, you should log in as root from
the PC for the first time in order to have the
machine account created automatically.

http://de.samba.org/samba/ftp/docs/htmldocs/samba-pdc-faq.html#AEN103

Mogens

--
Mogens Kjaer, Carlsberg Laboratory, Dept. of Chemistry
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08