[Samba] Still can't print to remote printer

Koz pkoz at adam.com.au
Tue Sep 17 10:24:01 GMT 2002

The printer is a Canon BJC3000. Is it a winprinter?

I've simplified my connection to a security = share
to minimize problems.

|No locked files

I use smbclient //ice1/CANON to get to the remote printer:

smb:\> print xxx
putting file xxx as xxx-462 (10.3kb) over 10.3 kb/s

but nothing is printed. What can I do now?

if I check the lpd-errs and print.log files for errors there are none.

Where has my print job gone?

Perhaps I'm not setting up the priter share on the PC?

-- Peter