[Samba] 2.2.5/PDC Problem - Part 2

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Sep 17 07:19:01 GMT 2002

Dienstag den 17.09.2002 um  0:38 CEST  +0200, schrieb Steve Dannaway:
> Problem 1 solved: Root logged in without a hitch
>
> Problem 2 now exists
> Now matter what I try, I cannot get a normal user account to log in.  I've
> added the accounts in smbpasswd and passwd and still cannot log into the
> domain.

Have you try it to login as unix user?

> Is there a special group that I need to create in /etc and a similar mapping
> in my username map?  Could the files be locked to root and not be open to
> other logins?

If the file which are requested by user b from samba, and the unix
permissions are not setup correctly, this will fail.

> It's Samba 2.2.6pre2 on RH7.3.  I don't think the log is necessary here,
> because I still haven't got users setup properly - if it's needed, I'll post
> it in the morning.

Hope you get the right direction to solve your problem.

--
Frank Matthieß                                          fm at Microdata-pos.de