[Samba] sid_to_uid: Domain controller lookup missing

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Mon Sep 16 13:01:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

> > We do not have ldap yet, so this will not work for us.
>
> If your DC was samba, which is what I had assumed (having missed some
> of the thread, being subscribed in digest).

Okay. My original question was just how to get those damn ACLs working
correctly on XFS... ;-)

> > I have just tried - does not do anything else.
>
> Works for me (not ACLs, haven't tested that, but usernames are
> right), but AFAICR, it was added in 2.2.4.
>
> You probably need to restart winbind, then see what 'wbinfo -u' gives
> you (and then 'getent passwd')

I had winbindd running in interactive mode, and of course I restarted
it after the change.

The option you mentioned does only half the trick:

root at edjo[log]# wbinfo -n axel
S-1-5-21-730796786-1604346809-928725530-1230 1
root at edjo[log]# wbinfo -s S-1-5-21-730796786-1604346809-928725530-1230
HNIRB\axel 1

grrr...

But you are right - wbinfo -u works perfectly!

> P.S. It may be advantageous to keep the summary (eg running
> samba-x.x.x on unix xx rel xx joined to a xxx SP xxx domain etc) of
> your environment in the mail, for people who climb into the thread
> late.

Details for climbing:

samba 2.2.5 with printing-patches
Linux SuSE 7.3
XFS 1.1
Samba running with security=domain, joined to an NT domain (domain
controllers are NT4 machines, no samba servers)

Thanx,

Christopher