[Samba] OT - LPD for Windows ...

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Sep 12 16:53:18 GMT 2002

Someone on samba-digest inquired about a Windows 9x LPD Spooler...

"Free" ones (in every sense of the word) I don't know. Other,
I only know 2: WinLPR Spooler and "ACITS" (whatever that means).
WinLPR Spooler is highly configurable, robust and Shareware.
ACITS I don't know very well, but it is kind of difficult to
debug, as it is hiding its presence very well (while you can always
open a WinLPR window). ACITS is sold by the University of Texas
as a commercial license AFAIK (~ 80.- $US for 1 user, 800.- $US
for 100 users...).

http://ich2www.ich.kfa-juelich.de/wlprspl/  (WinLPR Spooler)
http://www.utexas.edu/academic/otl/software/lpr/ (ACITS LPR Remote Printing)