[SAMBA] loading printers

Matt Lung matt.lung at midwest-tool.com
Wed Sep 11 12:47:01 GMT 2002

You can restart it anytime you want.  But that still doesn't mean
someone won't be in the middle of saving something while your bringing
samba down and back up.  see what i'm saying?  Have you ever tried to
save something after you stopped samba and were already connected with a
file open?  Doesn't work too good.  So no you don't have to wait for
everyone to be off of the network, but if you don't want people calling
you that were trying to save or something like that then I wouldn't just
do it in the middle of the day on a HIGH traffic server.  Thats all I
was trying to say.