[Samba] Samba and LDAP

Seema Verma Seema.Verma at pwgsc.gc.ca
Tue Sep 10 16:09:01 GMT 2002

Hello.

I'm running samba-suse 2.2.5-64 on SuSe Linux 8.0 with OpenLDAP2-2.0.23-53. I have a samba PDC storing its password information in LDAP. I'm also using the following pam modules: pam_ldap and nss_ldap. As long as I run Samba and LDAP on the same server, I can authenticate fine from a Nt workstation. The problem comes when I bring up another samba member server or samba PDC on another Linux box, I can't seem to authenticate. The smb.conf file has the required parameters pointing to ldap server. The log show that smb_pass_check failed to authenticate on the ldap server. Could someone please help.

Thank you

Seema