[Samba] problem saving word documents

Johan Coenen johan.coenen at aiv.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Sep 10 12:41:01 GMT 2002

concerning strict sync - sync always - strict locking:
Well, I did take a look at those options, but because of what I read in the
smb.conf man page, I thought I'd better leave them off (default). It looks
like enabling them just slows things down?

When a share level parameter is set in the global section, doesn't that
mean that that option then goes for every share?
I didn't put them there. I just left them at their default value (i.e.
didn't put them in my smb.conf file)

At 07:57 10/09/2002 -0400, Joel Hammer wrote:
>[...] that this is just a common
>problem with oplocks, I thought anybody would have told you that.

Would you recommend disabling oplocks?

Cheers,
Johan