[Samba] duplicate mapped drives

Gordon Russell russell at co.clarke.va.us
Mon Sep 9 16:04:34 GMT 2002

I've put in a Samba 2.2.5 PDC that runs a logon.bat for every client
(NT4 & W2k). The logon.bat mounts a single share.  Some users are
experiencing this share getting re-mapped _many_ times through out the
course of their session.  In other words, a user logs on and the
logon.bat maps P:\share.  Then, a couple of hours later, they will have
Q:\share, R:\share, S:\share, etc.  Ive seen a dozen or so duplicate
mappings in a single user session.

I've searched the internet as well as these archives without any clues.

Anybody seen this?

thanks

Gordon