[Samba] Windows XP problem

Serge Colle serge.colle at netzuno.com
Thu Sep 5 16:15:00 GMT 2002

Your assumption is erroneous, as unlink NT base machine, WIn 98 does not
join a domain (in the real sense).  Windows NT base machine require that
a user 'mymachine$' exists on the system. The first time an NT base
machine join a domain it will change that password.  You will need to do
this as root, as an out of the box samba installation only allow root to
login (or the user it running as).

Various documentation is available in the distribution, on how to join a
domain with an NT machine.

Hope's this help

Serge