[Samba] Danish characters?

Jeppe Oland uxorious at acon.dezign.dk
Wed Sep 4 02:23:01 GMT 2002

Hey there,

Aparently I'm not the only one who can't get the Danish Ø (Ø)
working - and I haven't been able to find an answer either.

I'm running Windows XP and 2000 on the client, and Samba 2.2.3 on the
server.

I've seen that I need to change my codepage on the client, and
references to chcp ... But when I change it nothing happens (and if I
close the command prompt and open it again the codepage is back to 437).

How do I get this working - and why is this even a problem? Windows
server doesn't care what my codepage is set as - and neither does the
Explorer!

Thanks,
-Jeppe