[Samba] Help! Clients want a Linux server on their Win2K domain!

rdempsey at atlanticdominionsolutions.com rdempsey at atlanticdominionsolutions.com
Mon Sep 2 11:12:01 GMT 2002

 Hello All,

I am new to Linux and Samba, and have RH7.3 with Samba
2.2.5 installed on my Win2K domain (mixed mode).  I am
testing RH7.3 as a file server so that I can integrate it
into one (for now only one) of our client's Win2K domains.
Running wbinfo I can retrieve a list of domain user and
group accounts, and in webmin when assigning permissions
to Samba shares I can choose these domain user accounts.
I can browse in My Network Places from a Win2K Pro machine
no problem, and I can access a share called BV32 which I
created.  When I try to copy a directory from my
workstation to the server, it copies very slowly and then
stops with an error saying that the file is too deep.
Please help.  If I can get this one Linux server to work
for this one client, then they will tell all of their
clients about it, and then I can spread Linux goodness to
65+ people all over the country.  I appreciate your help
in advance.  I have included a copy of my smb.conf below.
Thank you again .

Sincerely,

Robert Dempsey
Atlantic Dominion Solutions

414 Prince Street
Alexandria, VA 22314

http://www.atlanticdominionsolutions.com

smb.conf:

[global]
	domain controller = vltsec1
	passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
	winbind uid = 10000-20000
	dns proxy = yes
	encrypt passwords = yes
	template shell = /bin/bash
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
	printcap name = /etc/printcap
	max log size = 50
	hosts allow = 192.168.0. 127.0.0.
	preferred master = no
	password server = *
	passwd chat = *New*UNIX*password* %n\n
*ReType*new*UNIX*password* %n\n
	security = domain
	unix password sync = Yes
	winbind separator = +
	winbind gid = 10000-20000
	workgroup = HGVAULT
	server string = Samba Server
	local master = no
	winbind enum groups = yes
	netbios name = redhat1
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
	load printers = yes
	default = global
	winbind enum users = yes

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = yes
   writable = yes

# Un-comment the following and create the netlogon
directory for Domain Logons
 [netlogon]
   comment = Network Logon Service
   path = /home/netlogon
   guest ok = yes
   writable = no
   share modes = no

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no
need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[BV32]