[Samba] unable to join samba domain.

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Wed Oct 30 18:09:00 GMT 2002

Hello,
	I'm trying to join several windows clients to a samba pdc. I've got
local, prefered, and domain master all set to yes, workgroup set, and
domain logons also set to yes. I've got a machine account in
/etc/master.passwd, this is being done on a FreeBSD 4.7-release box, and
a machine account in the smbpasswd file along with a root account. When i
try to join the domain i get an error 53, the network path can not be
found. If, from one of my clients, i do a net view i get the same thing:
error 53. Can anyone give me some pointers as to what i missed? I've set
up samba domains before, using 2.2.1, without difficulty, i'm now trying
it with 2.2.6.
Thanks.
Dave.