[Samba] root prexec/postexec & login scripts

Mike Rambo mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us
Mon Oct 28 17:50:00 GMT 2002

Hi Deryk, thanks for the personal response.

I forgot to mention in the original post that part of my reason for
upgrading to 2.2.6 was to get away from the redhat rpms in the hope that
I could get the log level boosted up some. That part was successful. I
set the log level to 3 (I saw that in man smb.conf but it didn't
indicate whether it could go any higher) but didn't see anything in
either the system or samba logs that seemed to relate to the problem.
Not knowing what to expect, I was just looking for something either
domain related, something which referred to netlogon or preexec, or
something which referred to a script failure in general. I didn't see
any of those.

I'm glad you hear that you still use this on 2.2.6 though because it
would indicate that at least root preexec still works in the new version
the same as in the old. This isn't related to my use of win9x (as
opposed to NT/2000) clients is it?

--
Mike Rambo
mrambo at lsd.k12.mi.us