[Samba] Help with logon script

Rapazito PT linuxzito at frontnet.net
Thu Oct 24 23:17:01 GMT 2002

Hi all Sambies,

 I have Samba server 2.2.5 running on a RH7.3 (2.4.18-3) configured as a PDC
and it works fine.
 Now we had the need to mount some drives (on Windows XP workstations) at
logon, and I set up the logon script facility.
 My problem is that the testing directory on server to mount at logon in
Windows it's not working.

######################
# SMB.CONF
#####################

[global]
        workgroup = WPC.WPC
        netbios name = SERVER
        server string = Samba PDC running %v
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log level = 2
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        domain admin group = @root
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g machines -
s /bin/false -M %u
        logon script = netlogon.bat
        logon path = \\%L\profiles\%U
        logon drive = H:
        logon home = \\%L\%U
        domain logons = Yes
        os level = 64
        domain master = True

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[profiles]
        path = /home/samba/profiles
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        browseable = No

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /home/netlogon
        write list = root, coelhoa, administrator
        browseable = No

[downloads]
        path = /usr/download
        writable = yes
        comment = Downloads Vários
---EOF---

 This works fine, with no errors :-)

######################
# NETLOGON.BAT
######################

NET TIME \\server /SET /YES
NET USE L: \\server\usr\download
---EOF---

 Permissions on netlogon.bat are:

[root at server netlogon]# ll /home/netlogon/netlogon.bat
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           62 Oct 25
00:05 /home/netlogon/netlogon.bat

 And my problems are:
  1. Neither in normal users or admin users, the command NET USE wil require,
on a DOS Shell Window a username and a password for connect. I'll type user
root and it's password and it give ERROR 5
  2. As root, coelhoa and administrator users (domain admin group users),
command NET TIME is successfull, but with any other users, this command is
unsuccessfull with message "A required privilege is not held by the client."

 Well, can you please help me solving this problems?

TIA,
Rapazito PT
A Linux Newbie from Portugal
linuxzito at frontnet.net