[Samba] Exe on samba does not work

Sudhashen Naicker sudhashen at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:21:01 GMT 2002

Hi there

I'm a newbie and have the following problem :

Have set up samba 2.2.3a-6 on Debian 3.  Thought I could have this server as
file/asset management server.  Put asset management software on a share and
have a couple of test pc's access this share.  They try to execute the file
on this share that collects data locally and then puts this information on a
subdirectory of the share they are accessing.  The software then puts a
error log on the parent directory saying that it cannot create the file.
There is a file written to the subdirectory but having a 0 kb reading.  The
log file on Samba shows the following:

Smbd/oplock.c:oplock_break(834)oplock_break:client failure in break -
shutting down this smbd
Smbd/oplock.c:oplock_break(758)oplock_break:receive_smberror(success)oplock
failed for file auditdata/ina32.exe(dev = 301, inode = 32875, file_id = 13)

Gibberish to me - can someone help me please?

Regards
Sudhashen Naicker