[Samba] winbind /etc/pam.d/system-auth

Norman Zhang nzhang at arkon-group.com
Sat Oct 12 02:28:00 GMT 2002

: > I have setup /etc/pam.d/system-auth as below. But when I login to the
Linux
: > Box from KDE3, I get a prompt saying I don't have write access to the
HOME.
:
: pam_mkhomedir doesn't make deep directories, so you need to make the
: parent directory of your user's homes. So if you use 'template homedir =
: /home/%D/%u', then you need to make /home/%D where %D is each domain you
: are supporting.

/home/%D is created (i.e., /home/My_DOMAIN) and "obey pam restriction = yes"
is set. But still cannot login from both KDE3 and Network Neighborhood. I
took out winbind.so from /etc/pam.d/KDE3. But system-auth is the same as
before. Users are no longer listed as My_DOMAIN\%u.

When I tried,

wbinfo -u only %u are listed
wbinfo -g gives the groups from My_DOMAIN
wbinfo -t says Secret is bad 0x00000c5

Please help.

Regards,
Norman

[global]
workgroup = My_DOMAIN
netbios name = 2139-1-19
server string = %L running Samba Server %v
security = DOMAIN
encrypt passwords = Yes
obey pam restrictions = Yes
password server = PDC_Server