[Samba] Specific directory permissions

Thom Paine thom at ac-services.ca
Thu Oct 10 18:20:02 GMT 2002

I need a quick rundown on creating directories that get group access.

I have a folder that I want everyone in the blswin32 group to be able to
read and write. I set force group to blswin32 for the samba share, but
it still gives me a n error opening the database. It is because I don't
have read and write access to the database file.

What settings do I need to make to get this to work properly?

I have 5 users that need to belong to the blswin32 group. I want any
files in that folder rw to everyone. I would guess that I would want it
to force a user and group?

Thanks for your help.

--
-=/>Thom
Red Hat Linux release 8.0 (Psyche) running Linux Kernel 2.4.18-14